With smart phones and laptops providing us all the information we need at our fingertips, we aren’t researching and interacting with brands in the same way we used to. To connect with modern users, brands need to continuously update the way they reach out to people, including updating their social media content strategies. Keeping up to date on who’s using which social sites is the first step. To help you out, here’s a quick rundown of the demographics for major social media sites.
- 9 billion unique monthly users
- 83% of women online and 75% of men online use Facebook
- Most users are between the ages of 18 and 49
- 75% of users spend 20 minutes or more on Facebook daily
Facebook is best used to target Millennials and Gen Xers who are looking for sharable, eye-catching, or viral content.
- 317 million unique monthly users
- 22% of men and 15% of women online use Twitter
- Most users are between the ages of 18 and 29
- Average time spent on the mobile app is 2.7 minutes
Twitter is the best used to target young adults who are looking for clear, concise, and current content.
- 600 million unique monthly users
- 38% of women and 26% of men online use Instagram
- 90% of users are under the age of 35
- 53% of users follow brands
Instagram is best used to target Millennials who are looking for images, short videos clips, and the overall feel of a brand through cohesive visual content.
- 106 million unique monthly users
- 31% of men and 27% of women online use LinkedIn
- 45% of people who make $75k/year or more use LinkedIn
- LinkedIn users are typically less likely to use other social media networks
LinkedIn is best used to target businesses and professionals who are looking for specific industry-related content.
Blue Frog's marketing strategy professionals can you help develop and adapt a marketing strategy for your business. Click the image below to access our free eBook outlining the benefits of outsourcing your social media marketing tasks. Contact us today to learn how you can put our team of graphic designers, website designers, social media marketers, and content creators to work for your brand.