In order to understand why your business should adopt an inbound marketing strategy, you first need to understand what it is and how it is different from what you’re doing now.
Traditional outbound marketing techniques do not work anymore.
- Television - People skip ads at all costs. With Netflix and DVRs, that has become increasingly easy to do.
- Radio – People are now listening more to satellite radio, Internet radio, and digital music players such as iPods and MP3 players. Terrestrial radio listeners are on the decline.
- Print Advertising - Yellow Pages, Newspapers - Let's be honest. When is the last time you actually picked up either?
- Outbound Calling – This tactic is extremely intrusive, and people go out of their way to avoid these types of advertisements with caller ID, do not call lists, and gatekeepers.
Inbound marketing is a philosophy based on providing potential customers with useful, remarkable content. While traditional outbound marketing is intrusive by nature, inbound marketing attracts and nurtures prospects through exceptional content, data, and customer service.
We at Blue Frog divide inbound marketing into 3 areas
- Be Attractive - Attract customers to your site through providing remarkable content, blogging, sound SEO strategy and social media.
- Be Engaging - Interact with your potential customers through calls to action, landing pages, and intelligent email marketing.
- Be Smart - Analyze your data and make changes accordingly to ensure you are optimizing your inbound marketing efforts.
When implementing an inbound marketing strategy, your website becomes the hub of your online marketing strategy and a major source of lead generation for your business.
Some eye-popping stats about inbound marketing:
- 93% of companies using inbound marketing increase lead generation.
- Inbound marketing is the #4 hottest marketing trend for 2013
- Inbound marketing leads cost 61% less than traditional outbound leads.
If you want to know more about inbound marketing, check out our website. We'd be happy to set up a free consultation to discuss what this powerful strategy can do for you!