Many marketers out there call themselves "social media experts" in the Twittersphere and the social media age that we live in. There are hundreds of social media marketing articles, blogs, and webinars posted daily that tell us how to implement social media strategies for our businesses. What makes them right? Where are the rules of social media? Do these so-called experts understand the industry that we each work in and do they understand the buyer personas within? Here are a few things you need to consider before handing over marketing dollars to an agency that can make or break your image online.
First of all, it is a fact that search engines are now factoring in social media content and interactions into their algorithms. It is a no-brainer that social media is becoming a critical factor to the inbound marketing success of your business. However, it is important that your chosen social media marketing agency develops a strategy to suit your business needs and objectives.
So let's talk about what you need to consider when choosing a Des Moines social media marketing agency:
1. Research- As mentioned earlier, is the social media marketing agency willing to understand your business, your customers, and the goals of your business? It should be a goal of that marketing agency to understand what information your customers want or what information needs to be posted to attract complete stangers who are seeking an answer to a problem that they have.
2. Time Management- Google loves fresh content! Does your social media marketing agency have time to post RELEVANT information across all social media platforms daily? There are a lot of key words in that last sentence. Having time is important in the first place. Time was probably something that your business did not have to implement a social media marketing strategy. Posting relevant information is important, because a potential customer will search for a product or service that you offer and if it is no where to be found, they're just going to "X" out of your page. If a social media marketing agency posts something like this example on your Facebook- "Happy Birthday to all of our July followers!" what good does that do for your business? And finally, does this social media marketing agency put your information out on other platforms like Google+, LinkedIn, or other relevant social media platforms? The more places your message can be seen, the better.
3. Graphic Design- Each social media account of yours should be visually appealing with professionally designed images. The biggest part of your social media images should represent your brand. It doesn't look good when your logo is cut off in your profile picture or cover photo because the dimensions aren't right. This is why it is important for your social media marketing agency to have a graphic design department that also understand the personality of your biusiness.
4. Link building- Social media is huge when it comes to driving traffic to your website. If posted correctly, a post will grab the viewers attention and then have a Call-To-Action to lead that viewer to your website for more information.
5. Customer Service- 42% of social media users expect a response within an hour of their question or concern. 25% expect a response within day. We all understand the value of customer service is to each business. Hopefully your social media marketing agency values your customers too and is willing to respond to them in a timely manner.
6. Return On Investment- And finally before your write a check to this social media marketing agency, you want to know if they will increase your brand awareness, drive more traffic to your website, promote your products/services, and much more. Make sure that they include analytic reporting! The stats will make you feel so much better by seeing interaction go up with your customers and so on. A social media marketing manager should always be willing to meet with you to talk about what is working and what is not.
I am not a social media expert. No one is a social media expert for YOU until they understand your business and are willing to increase your social media presence. So don't let anyone fool you with their "expert" title.
For a free consultation of your social media, give Blue Frog Marketing a call at 515-221-2214 or email Blue Frog's Social Media Coordinator, Tyler@BlueFrogDM.com. We will work with you and help you leap over your competition!