A question I am often asked by people when I tell them about Blue Frog's printing capabilities is, "Do you offer graphic design help as well?" The answer to that question is a resounding YES! Having a trusted partner that can provide you with both graphic design services and printing is a huge advantage for your business. Here are a few reasons why it is in your best interest to have your printing and graphic design done under one roof.
1. Cost savings- Instead of needing to hire two independent sources for your work, have it all handled together. Blue Frog can be your source for graphic design, layout, text/copy writing, editing and more. We can be your one-stop shop for all these needs.
2. Less problems- A common problem run into by people that use a graphic designer different from their printer is that many independent designers do not have the necessary skills to produce a design piece that is fit and trouble free for a commercial press. Just because a piece views nicely on a computer screen does not guarantee all is good. The importance of using the same company for design and print is that a printing & design company has the expertise and knowledge to avoid any issues that a design person without extensive print knowledge may not have. Thus less headaches for you!
3. Bad files- I have heard of many instances where independent graphic designers provide files with low resolution images that look great on a computer screen, but are not good in print quality. If one of these types of designers is not aware of which types of files printers need/prefer, they could end up sending via a software that the printer doesn't have. Thus causing delays and negatively impacting your timeline.
4. Unique pieces- If you are dealing with a printed piece that is not just a single sheet and has multi page folds, require stitching, etc., it is even more important your graphic designer is on top of industry standards. With folded pieces nothing can ruin a job more than not having proper crop marks and bleeds and insuring the pages are even and the folds come out clean and smooth. Same goes for pieces that require stitching. If layout is not done properly, your piece will come out uneven and unprofessional looking.
5. Industry knowledge- As a full service commercial print and bindery operation, we are on top of anything and everything going on in the industry. When it comes to design/layout, we have seen it all. We know what works and what doesn't work, and we can share this industry knowledge with you and provide you with the highest quality, best looking piece to showcase your business.
So there you have it. A few reasons why it is in your best interest to have your graphic design and printing handled under one roof. To learn more about Blue Frog's graphic design and printing capabilites, check us out at www.bluefrogdm.com. We look forward to hearing from you!