Blue Frog is seeking an experienced web developer to join our creative team. Our developers work closely with the designers, content specialists, analysts and project managers to bring the collective vision for a project from the team and the client to life. In order to successfully launch this vision, the developer is often involved in more than just website build, making it essential that the candidate possesses strong communication skills and is team oriented. This individual needs to be eager to take on new challenges, and willing to provide recommendations as a technical resource for the overall company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Collaborate with designers, content writers, and project coordinators to develop innovative, high-quality websites and landing pages on WordPress and the HubSpot CMS.
- Conduct website audits and present findings to client.
- Present completed work to clients and train them how to use it.
- Ongoing support. maintenance, and optimization of websites.
- Assist in troubleshooting a wide variety of technical issues.
- Understand client needs and come up with innovative and strategic ways to fulfill them.
- Provide mentoring and training to colleagues and clients.
- Stay current on latest industry best practices, trends, and techniques.
- 2+ years of professional web development experience.
- An understanding of inbound marketing best practices and the HubSpot CMS.
- Familiarity with PHP and a basic understanding of server-side scripting.
- Strong knowledge of SEO best practices, page speed optimization, and website security.
- Write clean, organized code, with clear attention to detail.
- Ability to add/edit basic DNS properties.
- Excellent communication skills and enjoys working with a team.
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation in a fast-paced working environment.
- A passion for web development, marketing, and finding innovative ways to help our clients succeed.
- Able to resolve complex technical issues under pressure.
- Willing to present completed work to clients both in person and over the phone.
- Eager to learn and take on new types of challenges and projects.
- This is a full-time position located at our office in Waukee, IA
- Please provide a resume and cover letter when applying for this position