Blue Frog is seeking a talented visual designer to join our team of creatives. As a member of our design team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate on and produce a range of deliverables, including printed marketing collateral, logos and branding assets, advertising graphics, and websites. You should also have a strong desire to collaborate with clients and other team members, and provide creative recommendations that result in purposeful, user-centric design choices.
As a candidate, you should be highly proficient in Adobe creative software and possess a strong portfolio that showcases a sense of color, typography, imagery, and spatial organization. You’re also someone who seeks opportunities to improve creative processes, ask questions, think critically, and solve problems.
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to
- Creating or selecting branding assets that speak to the appropriate audience and tell a client’s story, including font families, color schemes, logos, and brand standard guides.
- Designing promotional materials including ad and social media graphics, eBooks, infographics, brochures, fliers, and signage, and more.
- Assisting with and producing website page design mockups, wireframes, and sitemaps.
- Participating in client meetings to discuss project scope, ideas, and timelines.
- Consulting with internal staff to communicate client needs, brainstorm project ideas, and engage in creative problem solving.
- Utilizing Blue Frog’s project management software to communicate project updates and collaborate with other team members.
- Reviewing projects for quality and helping other team members critique their own work.
- Conducting research and bringing new ideas to the team on how to improve current strategy and processes.
- Educational and/or working background in graphic design
- High level of proficiency with adobe creative suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD etc.)
- Strong self-initiative and time management skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving
- Ability to consult with clients and explain reasoning for creative choices
- Great attention to detail
- Experience in website design and UX a plus
- Experience with photography or videography a plus
Please provide a resume, cover letter, and a portfolio with work samples when applying for this position.
- This is a full-time position located at our office in Waukee, IA
- Please provide a resume and cover letter when applying for this position