The Content Specialist will be part of the creative team at Blue Frog, working closely with our content strategists, website strategists, designers, and developers to execute effective digital marketing assets for each client. To ensure success as a content specialist at Blue Frog, you should demonstrate excellent storytelling, writing, and critical thinking skills, as well as an enthusiasm for professional growth and learning opportunities.
- Research and understand the needs of target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and in-person meetings.
- Writes original, compelling, and effective content that matches various clients' brand, voice, and tone.
- Understands and applies varying voices, style, and other characteristics distinguished by the industry, company, or target audience at hand.
- Recommending updates and optimizations for blog content, web pages, etc. based on expertise, research, trends and testing.
- Collaborates with clients and creative team from concept development to delivery of final product.
- Proactively manages client revisions and reviews, and implements revisions based on client’s feedback without impacting the overall strategy
- Perform strategic keyword research and developing SEO-friendly outlines for client website pages, blogs, and long-form content.
- Take the lead in presenting creative concepts and copy to internal teams and clients.
- Play an active role on the Creative Department by participating in internal task forces and strategic initiatives.
- Continually raises the bar on creativity and new ideas, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of communication channels and industry trends.
Proven work experience as a copywriter with a strong portfolio
- Educational and/or working background in writing
- High level of proficiency with a variety of writing forms, including business documents, online content, case studies, and technical writing
- Excellent grammar skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong self-management and multitasking skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to produce quality work on tight deadlines
- Ability to efficiently research and write about a broad range of topics
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel